FAQ & Race Guidelines
When and where does the event take place?
Wednesday Nights: July 29th, August 5th, August 12th, and August 19th, at the Columbiana High School Cross Country Course.
The race is presented by Clipper Cross Country.
Is this a physical running event?
Yes. Second Sole Racing has the approval of both the Columbiana County Public Health Department and Columbiana Schools.
We are also following the regulations of the USATF-the governing body of track and field and cross country.
What time does the event start?
We will have 3 heats spaced apart every 30 minutes
beginning at 6:00pm with the final heat at 7:00pm.
All heats are chip timed.
How many participants will run in each heat?
Each heat will be limited to 50 participants.
What is the course description?
Participants will race on a grass course through a wooded area
and past the band and soccer practice fields.
Online registration will close at midnight on Sunday, July 26th.
Mail-in forms can be found HERE and must be received by July 27th.
Do you have a virtual option?
Yes. You can register for the virtual race option HERE.
The virtual option is open through August 31st.
What's included in my registration?
Your four-week registration includes a participate shirt and bib number.
Those registering by paper or in person for less than four weeks will not receive a shirt.
When can I pick up my race packet?
You must wear a face covering when picking up your packet and only
arrive no sooner than 30 minutes then your scheduled race time.
Packets will be available at the white ticket booth on race day.
Coaches are encouraged to have their teams registered ahead of time
and to contact Coach Boggs at email@example.com
to make arrangements to have a group packet made available for
Can I pick-up more than one packet for friends/family?
Yes. We ask that only one person pick-up for their family.
Coaches are asked to pick up for their entire team.
Coaches are also asked to collectively register their team
versus have each team member sign up on race day.
Is there race day packet pick-up and signups?
Yes, but only if the event is not sold out from pre-registration.
Registration closes once the max number of runners has been reached.
Are there awards on race day?
Due to the current circumstances surrounding Covid-19,
there will be no awards presented on race day.
Awards can be picked up during the following race week or at
Second Sole at a later date TBD.
Award winners will be contacted via email.
What happens if the race has to be cancelled due to the
county changing to red for Covid tracking?
All participants will be switched to a virtual race.
We cannot issue a refund as the money will have been spent
to hold the event with shirts, awards, and timing services prepaid.
A date and time will be announced as to when participants can pick up their race packets in the event the series must go virtual.
RACE DAY INSTRUCTIONS
The following race day guidelines have been approved by
the Columbiana County Department of Health.
These guidelines are in place for the safety of the participants,
volunteers and race directors.
Please do not register if you cannot follow these guidelines.
Participants who fail to abide by these rules will be removed and disqualified from the event.
- Participants must be symptom free of illness for 14 days
(July 15th & after). Symptomatic individuals should stay at home.
- Participants traveling to event are recommended to travel alone or with
members of immediate family only.
- Participants cannot leave their vehicle until 30 minutes prior to the
start of their assigned heat time.
(Ex: Runner is assigned 6:00pm heat, must remain in vehicle until 5:30pm).
- If participant misses their assigned start time they will not be
permitted to participate.
- Bib numbers must be attached to front of participant before moving
to the starting line.
- Participants must wear shirt and shoes at all times.
- Participants must wear face covering upon leaving vehicle.
Face covering must be worn in the starting corral until their heat begins.
Upon starting, participants may remove face covering.
Face covering must be carried by participant during the race.
Once participant crosses finish line, face covering must be put back on until they return to their vehicle.
- Participants will have a one-way path directing them from the parking
lot to the start line area.
- All participants will have their temperatures checked before entering
start area. Anyone with a temperature of 100.0 or higher or exhibiting
symptoms of illness will be directed back to their vehicles and are
recommended to contact their local medical provider.
- Participants will be checked for symptoms by screening process using
their bib number for identification. Participants will be asked questions
similar to, "Have you had any symptoms relating to Covid-19?" and
"Have you been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for
Covid-19 in the last 14 days?" Anyone not wearing a bib will not be
permitted to participate.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the start and finish line areas.
- Participants will be required to stand in a pre-marked starting position
which is no less than six feet from any other participant until the race
- Bottled water will be available at the finish line. We highly recommend
carrying your own water as volunteers are not permitted to hand you
water during event. Please do not leave water bottles unattended.
They will be thrown away for safety purposes.
DURING RACE GUIDELINES
- No spitting, snotting, or projections of any bodily fluid before,
during or after event.
- Restroom accommodations will be available but at half capacity with
lines forming outside. Please plan accordingly.
- All participants must avoid any physical contact with other
participants which includes high fives, fist bumps, huddles, or other close
contact before, during, or after the event.
- During competition, participants must abide by the six-foot mandated
social distancing regulations when passing other participants.
- Upon finishing the race, participants must head directly to their
vehicles. No congregating at finish line and/or parking areas.
- A clearly-marked one-way exit path will lead participants to the
- Participants must maintain six-foot distance from others, outside of
their household to the greatest extent possible when entering or leaving
start and finish line areas.
- Spectators are not permitted on course, at start line, finish line, or
- Family members finishing at separate times cannot wait at finish line
for other family members.
Thank you for your support!
For questions or concerns please email