What's included in my registration?
Your registration includes a limited edition scarf, finisher medal, bib number and optional hoodie.
How do I register and when does registration close?
You can register for the physical 4-Mile race HERE. Online registration will close at midnight on Wednesday, January 20th. In-person registration will be available through race day at Second Sole.
When and where does the event take place?
Saturday, January 23rd, 2021 at Second Sole in Boardman. The address is 755 Boardman-Canfield Rd. Youngstown, Ohio 44512. The event is presented by Second Sole Racing.
What time does the event start?
The event will run in two heats. The first heat begins at 1:00pm and second heat begins at 2:00pm.
How many participants will run in each heat?
Each heat will be limited to 150 participants.
What is the course description?
The race will begin and end at Second Sole in Boardman. Participants will run an out-and-back course through both residential streets and the Mill Creek MetroParks hike and bike trail.
Click HERE to view the course map.
Do you have a virtual option?
Yes. You can register for the virtual race option HERE. The virtual option is open through January 31st.
When can I pick up my race packet?
Early packet pick-up will take place on Friday, January 22nd from 10am-5pm at Second Sole.
You must wear a face covering when picking up your packet.
Is there race day packet pick-up and signups?
Yes. Race day packet pick-up and sign ups will take place from 10:00am-12:30pm at Second Sole.
Are there awards on race day?
Due to the current circumstances surrounding Covid-19, there will be no awards presented on race day. Awards can be picked up at Second Sole at a later date TBD. Award winners will be contacted via email.
RACE DAY INSTRUCTIONS
The following race day guidelines are in place for the safety of the participants, volunteers and race directors. Please do not register if you cannot follow these guidelines. Participants who fail to abide by these rules will be removed and disqualified from the event.
- Participants must be symptom free of illness for 14 days (January 9th & after). Symptomatic individuals should stay at home.
- Participants traveling to event are recommended to travel alone or with members of immediate family only.
- If participant misses their assigned start time they will not be permitted to participate.
- Bib numbers must be attached to front of participant.
- Participants must wear face covering upon leaving vehicle. Face covering must be worn in the starting corral until their heat begins. Upon starting, participants may remove face covering. Once participant crosses finish line, face covering must be put back on until they return to their vehicle.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the start and finish line area.
- Participants will be required to stand in a pre-marked starting position which is no less than six feet from any other participant until the race begins.
- Bottled water will be available at the finish line. We highly recommend carrying your own water as volunteers are not permitted to hand you water during event. Please do not leave water bottles unattended. They will be thrown away for safety purposes.
During Race Guidelines
- No spitting, snotting, or projections of any bodily fluid before, during or after event.
- Port-o-jons will be available near the finish line area.
- All participants must avoid any physical contact with other participants which includes high fives, fist bumps, huddles, or other close contact before, during, or after the event.
- During competition, participants must abide by the six-foot mandated social distancing regulations when passing other participants.
- Upon finishing the race, participants must head directly to their vehicles. No congregating at finish line and/or parking areas.
- A clearly-marked one-way exit path will lead participants to the parking lot.
- Spectators are not permitted on course, at start line, finish line, or parking areas.
Thank you for your support!